There is nothing more satisfying than starting your day with a nourishing breakfast. And nothing fits that bill better than a hearty cheese omelette. It is delicious, it is filling and you can whip it up in a matter of minutes. The best part is that it energizes your body, so that you can slog through the day without feeling tired.
While making a cheese omelette is not a herculean task, it is still an art that one should master. The key is to strike a fine balance between the amount of egg and cheese. The other trick I find useful is adding cheese slices instead of grated cheese. It really adds to the texture of your cheese omelette. Once you master the basic recipe, you can add different ingredients including vegetables and sausages to make it even more nutritious.
Here’s the only cheese omelette recipe you will ever need:
- Egg, 1 pc
- Cheddar Cheese, 2 slices
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Oil or butter, for frying
- Whisk the egg in a bowl until it is completely smooth. Add salt to taste.
- Heat oil/butter in a frying pan.
- Add the whisked egg and wait until bubbles start to form.
- Now, add the cheese slices on one side of the omelette. Add freshly ground pepper or chili flakes, as per your liking.
- Cook on low heat until the cheese has melted.
- Gently scrape the other side of the omelette to cover the cheesy side completely.
- That’s it! Enjoy your omelette with some fresh toast.