Fried chicken is the ultimate comfort food that can heal every kind of heartbreak. It is a popular meal that is enjoyed by people across all age groups. However, just like any other good thing, too much of it can be harmful for you. The solution to this problem is homemade fried chicken.
Many people think that making fried chicken at home can be cumbersome. Sure, it is a slightly elaborate process. However, when you take a look at this recipe for homemade fried chicken, you will wonder why you haven’t tried it before. And if you are feeling too conscious about your calorie intake, accompany your homemade fried chicken with some freshly roasted vegetables of your choice.
Here’s an easy recipe for homemade fried chicken:
- Chicken, 500 gm (cut into medium pieces)
- Ginger garlic paste, 2 tbsp
- Lemon juice, 2 tbsp
- Egg, 2 pcs
- Bread crumbs, 3 cups
- Oregano, 1 tsp
- Rosemary, 1 tsp
- Thyme, 1 tsp
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Oil, for frying
- Marinate the chicken with lemon juice, ginger garlic paste, salt, and pepper. Set aside for at least 2 hours.
- Grind the herbs to form a smooth powder.
- Mix the powdered herbs with the bread crumbs. Spread the bread crumbs in a flat dish.
- Heat oil in a frying pan till smoke starts rising from it.
- Beat the eggs gently with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Take a piece of chicken and dip it in the egg mixture.
- Next, coat the chicken with a generous dose of bread crumbs.
- Place the chicken in hot oil and fry until it turns brown on all sides.
- Repeat the same process for all the chicken pieces.
- Devour with some coleslaw, mayonnaise, ketchup and roasted veggies of your choice.