Cheese toast – two words that combine happiness and deliciousness in the most appropriate manner. There are many variations of the classic grilled cheese recipe. And you can’t really go wrong with a cheese toast.
Over the years, I have been making my own versions of grilled cheese. Sometimes I add a few slices of salami. When I feel extra fancy, I dunk the cheese toast in egg and fry it up like a French toast. However, my most recent find has left me completely in awe.
Most of us have tried cheese toast that is crispy on the outside and warm and gooey on the inside. My recent favourite version is quite different. It’s soft in on the outside and with every bite, you get warm molten cheese oozing out of the sandwich. The trick is to prepare it in a microwave oven.
Now, I have never been fond of cooking bread in the microwave. I always find it becomes too soggy or too hard. However, with a little bit of tweaking I have managed to find the exact timing in order to get warm and soft bread. Be careful not to make microwave your cheese toast for too long. It might turn hard and chewy. The key is precise timing and devouring it as soon as it is out of the oven.
Here’s the recipe for microwaved cheese toast:
- Cheese slices, 2 pcs
- Bread, 2 slices
- Pepper, to taste
- Cut the sides of the bread slices.
- Place the cheese on one slice of the bread. Sprinkle some pepper on top.
- Place the other slice of bread on top of the cheese.
- Transfer the sandwich to a microwave oven and cook on full power for one minute.
- Make sure you don’t overcook the bread. Otherwise, it will burn and become extremely chewy.
- That’s it! Your microwaved cheese toast is ready.
- Serve it hot with some ketchup if you like.